A Must-Try Homemade Steak Salad Recipe
Crafting the perfect mealtime experience for family and friends should be fun. When prepped with a delicious recipe and a table set to impress, the memorable evening is sure to be one for the books.
Elevate the everyday table setting with chic Mini Charcuterie Boards, available in a variety of trendy colors. Used as a replacement to the traditional plate, set individual place settings with a Mini Charcuterie Board for a sophisticated dinner in style. Still looking for that perfect recipe to serve-up? This elegant, yet exquisite steak salad recipe created by Anna Louise, will have everyone pulling out their planners for the next dinner at your home. Get the look of this guilt-free meal with our Mini Charcuterie Boards serving as the board is the new plate.
The ingredients you’ll need:
- 1 New York Strip steak
- 1/2 cup diced asparagus (approx. 2 cm pieces)
- 2 servings of mixed greens (baby lettuce mix is recommended)
- 1 tablespoon Artichoke Lemon Pesto
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 pinch Citrus Fennel Salt
- 1/2 of a lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground fennel
- salt & pepper
- Warm a cast iron skillet over medium heat for 5-10 minutes. Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- While your cast iron is heating up, sprinkle sea salt or kosher salt, black pepper, and ground fennel on both sides of your steak, press it in, squeeze a little bit of lemon juice on each side as well. Add a drizzle of avocado oil to your skillet and let it warm up for a minute. Place your 1/2 lemon cut-side down in the skillet. Add in the steak and sear each side for 2-3 minutes until browned. Add a small squeeze of lemon. Additionally sear the edges for 1-2 minutes. Remove the lemon. Place in the oven for 8-10 minutes to finish cooking.
- While the steak is in the oven, mix together the greens, chopped asparagus, avocado oil, pesto, fennel salt and a teaspoon of juice from the cooked lemon. Toss it all together in a bowl and the split between two mini boards.
- Remove steak from the oven and let it sit for 5 minutes before cutting. Cut into strips and split between the two salads. Enjoy!
A salad this beautiful deserves to be presented in style at your next dinner party. Shop our collection of Mini Charcuterie Boards sold individually as well as in sets of 3 for a discounted price here.