Sweeten Your Day with a Salted Honey and Apple Tart
We all know the saying about eating an apple a day, so start 2021 off with a delicious apple tart. Marcy Braselton, known as Community Kitchen ATL, shared this sweet tart recipe made with fresh fruit and spices. Served perfectly on our new Bianca Apple Trivet and Natural Apple Trivet, this dessert is delicious and easy-to-make. Easily enhance your presentation with this fruit-shaped serveware that inspires healthy habits year-round.
2 lbs apples (I used a mix of Granny Smith + Envy varieties)
1/2 C cultured butter
1 C honey
1 T vanilla bean paste
1 T ground cinnamon
1 sheet store-bought puff pastry, room temperature
1/2 t sea salt flakes
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Thinly slice the apples.
3. Line a lightly greased pie plate or shallow baker with the puff pastry. Trim the edges, if needed.
4. Add layers of the thinly sliced apples to the baker, distributing the slices evenly.
5. In a small saucepan, add the butter, honey, vanilla bean paste and cinnamon. Bring to a boil and cook, whisking, 5 - 7 minutes until it reduces and thickens. Pour the honey mixture over the apple slices.
6. Bake for 40 - 45 minutes or until the apples are bubbly and soft and the pastry is golden. If the pastry edges begin to brown too much, cover them with strips of aluminum foil.
7. Allow to cool for five minutes. Sprinkle with sea salt flakes and serve warm.
Inspire others by serving this dessert on a matching trivet and start the year off with something sweet!