In The Kitchen: Spicy Bloody Mary and Seasonal Hummus
Al fresco brunch season is upon us and nothing beats a Bloody Mary packed full of flavor while soaking up the warm sun. Marcy Braselton, founder of Community Kitchen ATL, uses our authentic Hungarian Paprika to make a bold Spicy Bloody Mary and pairs it with a Seasonal Hummus to cool down the heat. These recipes make for an easy patio brunch and will impress any guest. After all, what's brunch without a cocktail?
Spicy Bloody Mary
4 - 6 oz tomato juice
2 oz vodka
1/2 lemon, juiced
1/2 lime, juiced
1 t etúHOME Spicy Paprika
pinch of celery salt
dash of hot sauce
dash of Worcestershire sauce
pinch of cracked black pepper
Garnishes: celery, pickled okra, cornichons, olives, pappadew peppers
For the rim:
3 pieces of cooked bacon
1 T Kosher salt
1 t celery salt
1 t etúHOME spicy paprika
1. Fill a cocktail shaker 1/4 with ice. Add the tomato juice, vodka, lemon juice, lime juice, paprika, pinch of celery salt, dash of hot sauce, dash of Worcestershire sauce and pinch of black pepper.
2. Cover and shake. Set aside while you make the mixture for the rim of the glass.
3. In a small food processor, add the bacon slices, Kosher salt, celery salt and spicy paprika. Process until well combined. Add to a shallow dish or plate.
4. Rub a lime or lemon wedge around the rim of a glass. Dip the rim in the bacon mixture until well coated.
5. Add crushed ice to the glass. Give the cocktail shaker another shake and strain the Bloody Mary into the glass.
1 1/2 C store-bought hummus
1/4 C thick plain yogurt
1 1/2 C fresh herbs (parsley, basil, mint, cilantro, oregano, etc)
1 t etúHOME paprika
cracked pepper, to taste
1 T olive oil
1/2 t etúHOME paprika
1. Add the hummus, yogurt, fresh herbs, paprika and cracked pepper to a food processor. Process until smooth.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil and 1/2 t paprika.
3. Serve the hummus drizzled with paprika olive oil + sprinkled with cracked pepper.