In The Kitchen: Mezcal Margarita and Spicy Cheddar Dip
It's paprika season and we're spicing up cocktail hour in the kitchen. Made in the paprika capital of the world, Hungary, our authentic Hungarian Paprika is available in sweet and spicy varieties to enhance every recipe's flavor. Marcy Braselton, founder of Community Kitchen ATL, creatively uses our paprika for a smokey Mezcal Margarita perfect for poolside or drinks on the patio. Perfectly pair with a curated fresh Spicy Cheddar Dip, that is bound to impress your tastebuds.
1 oz Mezcal or tequila
1 oz Cointreau
3 limes, juiced
1 T Blue Agave
1/2 t etúHOME Paprika
lime, cut into quarters
For the rim of the glass:
1 T kosher salt
1 lime, very finely zested
pinch of paprika
1. Add the Mezcal, Cointreau, lime juice, agave and paprika to a cocktail shaker. Shake well to combine.
2. Add the kosher salt, very fine lime zest and a pinch of paprika to a small plate or shallow dish.
3. Using a slice of lime, run it around the rim of a glass. Turn the rim of the glass around in the salt mixture to coat. Add crushed ice and strain the Margarita into the glass. Cheers!
Spicy Cheddar Dip
1 lb sharp white cheddar, finely grated
2 scallions, thinly sliced
3/4 C mayonnaise
1 - 2 t etúHOME spicy paprika (depending on how spicy you like it!)
1 t Dijon mustard
freshly ground pepper
1. In a medium bowl, combine the cheese, scallions, mayonnaise, spicy paprika and Dijon mustard. Mix well. Season generously with ground pepper. Add additional mayonnaise to reach desired consistency.
2. Dust with extra paprika before serving. Serve with a variety of dippers (pita, tortilla chips, veggies, etc!).
Tip: If you refrigerate the dip before serving, let it sit at room temperature for at least 10 minutes to soften.
Serves 6 - 8