In the Kitchen: Summer Dessert Board
It's al fresco season and we're sweetening things up in the kitchen for your next outdoor gathering with Founder of Alma Kitchen, Alexandra Griffin. Like etúHOME, Alma Kitchen was founded on the belief that beautiful food and artful entertaining help to elevate our everyday lives. This summer, we're focusing on spending more time in-person with friends and family and welcoming in-person entertaining back into our lives. Follow along as she creatively uses a Pine Charcuterie Board to artfully style Alma Kitchen botanical shortbread cookies and everyday sweets to create a simple yet elegant summer dessert board.
- Alma Kitchen Fleur Collection: Pistachio Shortbread Cookies, Orange Blossom Shortbread Cookies, Lavender Shortbread Cookies, Lemon Thyme Shortbread Cookies
- Dark Chocolate (70% recommended)
- Dried Apricots
- Mint leaves
- Edible Flowers
- Wash all product and prepare a clean charcuterie board, such as the etúHOME Round Pine Charcuterie Board, Medium or Large.
- Start by arranging the larger items first as a way to anchor the board. Create small stacks around the board, leaving plenty of room in between.
- Add fruit to the center of the board in a grouping. Place in small bowls if desired. Use the bowls to divide the different fruits.
- Break up the dark chocolate for ease of access and pile together next to the fruit.
- Fill in the empty spaces with smaller items and finish off the spread with mint leaves and edible flowers. Every board will look different, so have fun arranging!
No matter if you prefer sweet or savory, this dessert spread has enough options to please everyone. Celebrate al fresco season in style with an elegant spread that provides plenty of snacking options without the hassle of preparing a heavy meal.
Leave a comment