In the Kitchen: Caitlin Wilson’s After-School Kids Snack Board
As summer is quickly coming to an end, many are easing back into their busy routines as another school year begins. To help get your kitchen back to school ready, we’re joining in the kitchen with iconic Interior Designer and mom of 5, Caitlin Wilson. To celebrate the launch of the newest boards in the Caitlin Wilson x etúHOME collection, she’s sharing how to create her go-to after school snack board with daughter Cece.
The new additions to the collection feature three French Blue Charcuterie Boards boasting contrasting white slats for a clean and sophisticated look. Loved for their versatility in the kitchen, these boards make a chic kitchen backsplash accent as well as a beautiful surface for everyday serving needs. Follow along as this busy mom of 5 makes a kid-friendly charcuterie board that not only saves her time, but leaves even her pickiest eaters satisfied.
- Cheese cubes
- Mixed Nuts
- Cheese Crackers
- Fruit Snacks
- Dark Chocolate
- Granola Bars (cut into squares)
1. Create your mini kabobs using toothpicks. Layer cheese cubes and folded salami onto the toothpick, leaving room at the ends for holding. Do the same with your choice of fruit, cutting each variety into small pieces and layering onto a toothpick. Place on the charcuterie board.
2. Pile remaining cheese cubes onto the board. Add a pile of your choice of mixed nuts, such as almonds or cashews.
3. Fill in the remaining space on your board with your choice of cheese crackers, popcorn, fruit snacks, chocolate and pretzels. Create several small piles around the board to fill up more space.
4. Fill in the remaining small spaces with cookies and cut granola bars.
5. Present the board to your happy kid and enjoy!
After a long day at school, serve up a snack board your kids are excited to come home to. Whether following Caitlin's exact snack choices or working from what's in your pantry, charcuterie boards are loved for being completely customizable and including something for everyone to enjoy.
Did someone say a food-safe board filled with all of your favorite snacks? We can see why charcuterie is more popular than ever before. Browse the collection of Caitlin Wilson x etúHOME boards to make your very own epic snack board.
Leave a comment