In the Kitchen: Winter Citrus with Whipped Ricotta and Honey
After finding inspiration at her local farmer's market, Suzanne Vizethann, the owner and executive chef of Buttermilk Kitchen, created this refreshing citrus snack. Watch as Suzanne effortlessly prepares her recipe on our Italian Cutting Board Bowl, a versatile kitchen tool that makes meal prep a breeze.
For the whipped ricotta
- 425 grams (15oz tub) whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1/4 c. clarified butter* (Ghee or extra virgin olive oil is a good substitute)
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
For the citrus
- 4-5 winter whole citrus (such as satsumas, grapefruit, sumos, or navels) peeled and sliced into rings
- 2-3 tablespoons honey
- Fresh mint for garnish
1. Make the whipped ricotta by adding the ricotta and salt to a food processor or blender. Blend briefly to combine, then, with the motor running, slowly drizzle in the clarified butter, and continue processing on high speed until the ricotta is smooth and creamy, about 1-2 minutes.
2. Spread whipped ricotta over the bottom of the etúHOME Italian Cutting Board Bowl. Lay the citrus slices around the ricotta in a circular pattern. Drizzle the tops with honey and garnish with mint
With our Italian Cutting Board Bowl you can seamlessly chop your ingredients on one side and plate your final recipe on the other. This simple citrus treat is perfect for entertaining and is instantly elevated when served on a sustainable board.
Leave a comment