In the Kitchen: 3 Must-Try Summer Refreshments
Pour up the sweet taste of summer with one (or all three) of these tasty refreshments crafted by Marcy Braselton of Community Kitchen ATL. Using our recycled Glass Carafes, follow along as Marcy walks through her favorite drink recipes for summer entertaining.
The Garden Party
- 6 oz Vodka
- 6 oz St-Germain liqueur
- 4 limes, juiced
- 2 limes, thinly sliced
- 16 oz tonic water or sparkling water
- Add the vodka, St-Germaine, lime juice, and sliced limes to a Glass Carafe. Infuse for 1-2 hours.
- Add the tonic or sparkling water to the carafe. Fill four cups with ice and pour the cocktail over the ice.
- Garnish with fresh lime slices and fresh mint sprigs.
- 16 oz Lillet Blanc or Lillet Rosé, chilled
- 16 oz tonic water or sparkling water, chilled
- 1/4 C cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/4 C fresh strawberries, thinly sliced
- 3 sprigs fresh mint
- Add the Lillet, cucumber, strawberries and fresh mint to a Glass Carafe. Infuse in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Add the tonic or sparkling water to the carafe. Pour into festive glassware and garish with fresh mint sprigs.
- 2 - 4 tea bags
- 2 lemons
- Place the tea bags in a Glass Carafe. Fill with water and fit with lid.
- Place the carafe outside, in direct sunlight, for 3 to 5 hours or until desired strength is reached. Remove the tea bags, add lemon slices and refrigerate.
- While the tea is brewing outdoors, make festive ice cubes. Mix 1 C water with juice of 1/2 lemon. Pour into ice cube molds. Top with small, thin lemon slices and freeze until solid.
- To serve, place lemony ice cubes in a glass and fill with Sun Tea.
Impress guests with your mixology skills at your next gathering by recreating these delicious beverages at home. Our Glass Carafes will make infusing your tea or cocktails a breeze!
Leave a comment