This Father’s Day put back the wallet he already has, the necktie he doesn’t need, and the latest electronic that is sure to collect dust in his desk drawer.
Buying gifts is not always an easy task – especially when you’ve bought him everything he could possibly need. This year, gift him by doing something a bit out of the ordinary and is thoughtful.
Gift him with a memory he will cherish forever over shared wine and food with his favorite family and friends.
We’ve selected the perfect meal for you to prepare, guaranteed to put a smile on his face.
Impress Dad With Not Only What You Serve, But You Serve On:
Fennel Salad Served in Large Natural Dough Bowl
Beef Tenderloin Served on our Bordeaux Farmtable Plank
Roasted Sweet Potatoes Served on our White Mod Charcuterie Boards
Six-Layer Chocolate Cake Served on our White Mod Block Cake Stand
- Toast sesame seeds in a dry pan until lightly browned.
- Squeeze half the lemon into a bowl and add a cup of water.
Peel and slice the onions very thinly and toss them with a little salt in a bowl and set them aside while you prepare the rest of the salad.
- Thinly slice the fennel and apple, put them in the lemon water to prevent browning, and give them a stir.
Rinse and pick the watercress, discarding any tough stems.
- Tip your salted onions into the bowl with the fennel and apple, swirl it all around with your hands, and then drain it well in a sieve.
- Mix all your salad ingredients together and dress them with hazelnut oil, the juice of the other half of the lemon, a little bit of salt, and a lot of black pepper. Serve in your Large Natural Dough Bowl.
Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Set oven to 400 degrees. Grease a baking sheet lightly with organic olive oil. Spread out organic sweet potatoes on a baking sheet. Drizzle organic olive oil all over sweet potatoes. Sprinkle with freshly ground cinnamon and salt. Toss all together.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. With 2 minutes remaining in baking time, toss pecans, cranberries, and maple syrup with the sweet potatoes. When ready to serve, drizzle with pure maple syrup. Serve on White Mod Charcuterie Board.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of organic olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Sprinkle grass-fed steaks evenly with 1/2 teaspoon of organic salt, 1/4 teaspoon of organic pepper, paprika, cumin, and garlic powder.
- Add steaks to pan; cook 5 minutes on each side for medium-rare or until desired degree of doneness. Remove steaks from pan; let stand 5 minutes. Serve on Bordeaux Farmtable Plank.
Six-Layer Chocolate Cake
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine organic flour, sugar, pure cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Turn the machine to low and mix well.
- Slowly pour in the organic vegetable oil, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Next, add buttermilk and fresh eggs, mixing on medium speed until all ingredients are incorporated and the batter is smooth.
- Slowly add hot coffee and when all is combined, pour into two greased 9″ cake pans.
Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool on racks.
- To make the frosting, wash out the mixing bowl, add softened butter and powdered sugar, and cream together until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Scrape down the bowl, add pure cocoa powder and corn syrup, and mix for another 2 minutes.
- Add hot water and mix until combined.
- To assemble, slice each cake into three layers and spread a layer of frosting between each one, finishing with a layer on top. Serve on White Mod Block Cake Stand.
Happy Father's Day, we hope it is filled with lots of great food, wine, and memories!